Popular Post

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Freida Pinto was scared of failure post ‘Slumdog Millionaire’


She is India’s most successful import to Hollywood, but Freida Pinto says that she was scared that her career will end after ‘Slumdog Millionaire’. The actress went from a small-time model in Mumbai to an international star with her debut film ‘Slumdog…’, which won eight Oscars in 2009, reported New York Post online. “I had a lot of moments where I lived in fear that nothing was going to happen after ‘Slumdog Millionaire’,” said the 26-year-old. The actress is meanwhile gaining rave reviews for her performance in Julian Schnabel’s ‘Miral’, where she plays an orphaned Palestinian growing up in war-torn Jerusalem. “He is everything I needed after ‘Slumdog Millionaire’,” said Pinto on her collaboration with Schnabel. “There were a lot of people expecting a lot out of me and I know that I have this twenty minute role in a fabulous film like ‘Slumdog Millionaire’. It’s an amazing role, but it would be difficult to convince people from there that ‘Hey listen I am a serious actor and I really really want to do this, I’m passionate about this’. And Julian gave me that opportunity,” said the actress. Though some Jewish groups have claimed that the film is “anti-Israel”, Pinto, who recently starred in Woody Allen’s ‘You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger’, is gaining plaudits for her gritty performance. Pinto is currently working on the action-adventure movie ‘Rise of the Apes’, where she stars alongside James Franco. The film is set in present day San Francisco and follows the story of a man’s own experiments with genetic engineering.

No comments:

Post a Comment