Popular Post

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lily Collins “Snow White” Casting


Looks like Lily Collins is the fairest one of all. The brow-tastic 22-year-old actress, who landed her breakout role playing Sandra Bullock’s daughter in the Oscar-nominated film The Blind Side, has landed the title role as the princess in a modern retelling of The Brothers Grimm fairy tale Snow White, Tinseltown producers said over the weekend.

The daughter of music legend Phil Collins has landed her biggest Hollywood role yet in the live-action 3D remake of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Oscar winner Charlize Theron will star as the Evil Queen in Snow White And Rhe Huntsman which is due to be released months after Lily’s version. Both films will be loosely based on Disney’s 1937 animated classic Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

(And there’s no need to freak out, TwiHards. Kristen Stewart is still set to play Snow White in the other fairytale adaptation. Phew!”

Lily is said to have impressed the producers of the film with her audition.

“Snow White was my favorite fairy tale [growing up], and when I first read about the project, I was like, “I have to get in on this. It’s such an iconic character.”

Director Tarsem Singh said he knew Collins was right for the part when he saw her eyebrows.

“I saw her eyebrows, and I said, ‘You’re it.’ When I first saw her [for Snow White], I think she was trying for the part, but when I saw her I just said, ‘She doesn’t even have to try at all.”

Lily’s famous father, who recently announced he was retiring from performing, is said to be thrilled at her landing the coveted role.

“She is absolutely thrilled,” said a friend of the actress. “Her daddy will be equally excited.”

The Social Network’s Armie Hammer has been cast in the role of Prince Andrew Alcott, and Academy Award winner Julia Roberts will play the Queen.

Shooting starts next month. The film is set to hit theaters on June 29, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment