Popular Post

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rachel McAdams Covers Elle June 2011

Rachel McAdams Covers Elle
Rachel McAdams covers the June 2011 issue of Elle Magazine, clad in leather pants and sporting huge ’80s hair. The Ontario-born former “Mean Girl” chats about what it was like to reunite on set with her Wedding Crashers co-star Owen Wilson in Woody Allen’s new film, Midnight in Paris. The film co-stars Marion Cotillard, Kathy Bates, and French First Lady Carla Bruni. It opened the 64th annual Cannes Film Festival tonight. Rachel was spotted arriving at the Nice Airport Tuesday, trying to go incognito in shades and a hat.It’s definitely a different dynamic from the last time we were together,” says the actress. “It wasn’t as fun being mean. I love that Woody likes good guys to be good guys and bad guys to be bad guys. Owen seemed to respond really well when I was a really bad guy.”

Rachel says she often has a difficult time imagining herself in certain roles offered to her.

“Sometimes I don’t think I’m the best person for the job,” she admits. “That was the case with Morning Glory. Sometimes I think, ‘Really? You see me as this?’ Just because I don’t see myself that way, does that mean I shouldn’t do it?” she reveals to Elle. ”..With Mean Girls, I originally auditioned for the part that Lindsay Lohan played. I wouldn’t have seen myself playing Regina at all. But when I read the script, I thought, Oh, this part is way more fun; I wonder who will play that.…”

Rachel On Critics’ Reaction to Morning Glory: “It’s funny, because so many people said to me, ;It’s the kind of film you don’t see anymore, done in a way that isn’t done anymore.’ I thought that was a really positive thing, but apparently not. I only hear these businesspeople: ‘Well, no one was sure who it was for’”

On Being a Romantic: “I am. When Billie Holiday comes on, I can’t help but be transported—and I’m sure it wasn’t as romantic then at all—but that’s the wonderful part of my job: dressing up and walking down the street in New York or Toronto, pretending I’m in the ’40s.”

On Finding Inspiration in Her Parents’ Marriage: “[They are] still together and still in love. I’m very blessed that way. I had a great example of love in front of me, and that’s probably what makes me such a romantic, because I’ve seen it firsthand.”

Her Expectations For Relationships: “You grow up and you assume that everyone is like that, and you quickly realize that they’re not, and then you have those days when you wonder if you’re going to find it for yourself. It’s such a hard thing to find. I think it was more that realization that rocked me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment