Popular Post

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Betty-Anne Waters: 'People thought Hilary Swank was me


Betty-Anne Waters, the subject of the new movie 'Conviction', said today that Hilary Swank emulated her accent so well that her friends and relatives couldn't tell them apart.

'Conviction' sees Swank play Waters in the story of her life, recounting her twenty year battle to free her brother from prison after he was wrongly convicted of murder.

Speaking at a press conference before the film premiered at the London Film Festival on October 15, Waters said, "[Hilary] did the accent so well that one night after filming she jumped into a van that I was in with my family and she was repeating an audiotape [of me] word for word, and my niece and nephew were thinking, 'Why is my Aunt talking like that?' They really thought it was me talking but it was Hilary.

"That happened about three different times. People thought I was talking and it was Hilary."

No comments:

Post a Comment