Popular Post

Monday, August 30, 2010

George Michael In Rehab


Former Wham! heartthrob George Michael has checked into rehab and is undergoing therapy for addiction to alcohol one month after he was arrested for crashing his Range Rover into a store near his home in Hempstead, North London.

The “Careless Whisper” hitmaker appeared in court last week and pleaded guilty to marijuana possession and driving under the influence of drugs.
He’s since enrolled himself into a clinic shortly after the incident to undergo a 14-day detox programme. He is now receiving outpatient treatment, which includes drug counseling “several times a week.”

The singer broke the news on his official website, thanking fans for their well-wishes and expressing his determination to turn his life around.

“I want to thank you all sincerely, and also to reassure those of you who worry so much for me. I fully appreciate the seriousness of my current situation, for which I truly apologize,” George began.

“I feel you should know that on the day after the incident I checked in to a clinic for a 14-day detox program here in London, which has been followed by ongoing outpatient drug counselling several times a week. Personal problems which I had tried to deal with myself had clearly got the better of me, and I am sorry that my pride has prevented me from seeking help before now.”

“I would also like to express my thanks to those whose discretion allowed me to begin this process in private, which has helped me greatly,” he added.

George is due back in court next month to hear his sentence. The judge has already warned the singer he is facing a possible prison sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment