Popular Post

Friday, September 24, 2010

Rishi Kapoor to Co-produce Ranbir Kapoor Tour


Rishi Kapoor will reportedly co-produce son Ranbir Kapoor's first world tour along with the Moranis.

According to Mid Day, the tour will kick off in June 2011 and cover 16 cities in Europe, the US and Canada, through the third week of July.

Rishi, who toured several times during his reign as Bollywood heartthrob, explains his foray into tour promotion.

"And why not? This is the first time that my son will be stepping on to a live stage. I want to make sure everything goes right," he says.

"With my experience in live concerts I know I can be useful. I don't want anything to go wrong for my son," adds the doting father.

Other stars finalized for the tour include Shahid Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Katrina Kaif.

Attempts are on to rope in Deepika Padukone.

"All I can tell you is that we have Katrina, Priyanka and Shahid Kapoor on board. Deepika is likely to be on board. She hasn't been signed yet," says Rishi.

Talks are also on to include a singer from Pakistan in the entourage.

Rishi also confirmed that he might share the stage with his son during the tour.

"There's talk on this. We're thinking of a retro section. We're exploring the possibility of Ranbir and I coming together. But right now I can't tell you more on this," he said.

Rishi is upbeat about the success of the tour. The timing is perfect, he says, since no Bollywood star has toured during the last three years. Also, Ranbir fans have never seen him perform live.

"He has turned down all offers to perform at awards functions. And that's his show's USP," says Rishi.

No comments:

Post a Comment