Popular Post

Friday, September 24, 2010

Naomi Campbell doesn’t regret her wild past


Naomi Campbell doesn’t regret her wild past, but says the “party’s over” for her now. The supermodel has battled addictions to drink and drugs in the past, and famously won a legal battle against a newspaper after she objected to them printing pictures of her attending a narcotics anonymous meeting in 2001. Naomi has also had several brushes with the law, with several of her former workers alleging she was violent towards them. Naomi doesn’t let the public’s perception affect how she views herself, and isn’t ashamed of any aspect of her life. ”You know what? I don’t regret my partying days, I had a great time, it’s just that the party’s over for me,” she told the October issue of British magazine Elle. “My life has changed.” The 40-year-old is now dating Russian magnate Vladislav Doronin, who she is very happy with. There have been rumours the pair are planning to wed, but Naomi has remained tight-lipped on the matter.

She admits she would like to have children, but it is another area of her life where she doesn’t want to cause undue stress. ”Whenever God decides it’s right for me. I don’t put pr”ssure on myself. I let things happen how they should, naturally,” she explained. “But that’s how I am today. I’m a recovering alcoholic and addict, and I don’t drink and I don’t do drugs. I live my life one day at a time.” Naomi enjoys living in Moscow with Vladislav, and is proud of the work he has done there. He has been instrumental in erecting some of Moscow’s most impressive buildings, and has done all he can to ensure Naomi is at home in the city. Even the Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has welcomed her to the country. ”He’s a good person, a very good person. I’m very proud of him and his buildings are beautiful. He changed Moscow’s skyline,” she said. ”I feel very welcome in Russia. During my first months there, I received a book from Mr Putin, and I sent him in return my cover of Russian Vogue.”

No comments:

Post a Comment